Tom Schmidt has been practicing civil litigation in Houston for more than twenty years. The Firm represents
businesses and high net worth individuals, primarily in business disputes. Schmidt Law Firm handles a variety of
- COMMERCIAL LITIGATION - Our primary focus is in representing businesses in commercial litigation matters.
- PARTNERSHIP DISPUTES - Representing companies & individuals in partnership disputes & divorces.
- SHAREHOLDER FRAUD - We have extensive experience in investor fraud matters.
- BANKRUPTCY LITIGATION - We routinely represent clients in Bankruptcy litigation.
- CORPORATE MATTERS - We represent clients in asset purchases, mergers & acquisitions, corporate formation and
maintenance, and general corporate advising matters.
We practice law from the perspective of a business owner. Our focus is in helping our clients make the right business
20 Years' Experience / Client-Focused Practice / Complex Litigation Experience / Aggressive Representation / National
Tom Schmidt, a native Houstonian, received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the University of
Pennsylvania. He is an Honors graduate of the University of Texas School of Law, where he served as an Associate
of the Texas Law Review. Before founding Schmidt Law Firm, PLLC, Mr. Schmidt practiced at two of Houston's premier
commercial litigation boutique firms—Hicks, Thomas & Lilienstern, and Clements, O'Neill, Pierce, & Nickens. Mr.
Schmidt's law practice includes general litigation and corporate formation and maintenance. His litigation practice
involves representing plaintiffs and defendants in shareholder and partnership disputes, contract disputes, oil and
matters, franchise litigation, healthcare litigation, consumer fraud, personal injury, and general commercial
litigation. While representing new and small businesses in corporate matters, Mr. Schmidt has formed various corporate
entities, provided counsel with regard to corporate operating agreements, assisted start-up companies in raising
capital, and served as an advisor to various boards of directors. Mr. Schmidt serves as general counsel & a director